In order to obtain the highest quality and satisfaction in the finished product, please consider the following:
Quilt Top Prep:
- Quilt top and backing need to be well pressed, flat and squared off on all four sides.
- All seams to the edge need to be secure. Stay stitch around the whole quilt with a 1/8" seam.
- Trim threads from the back of the top.
- Ripples/Waves in the border of the top will not quilt out. To alleviate this issue: measure the borders carefully.
- Measure the width of the quilt down the center and both sides. Average the three measurements. Example: 61" + 62" + 62" = 183 divide by 3 - average 61"
- Pin the border on the quilt in the center and both ends before stitching.
- If there is a "top" to the quilt, please note.
Quilt Back Prep
- Please do not use polyester or sheets for backing.
- Backing, whether pieced or wide back, must be a minimum of 8" longer than quilt top and 6" wider.
- If backing is seamed, remove selvages. Seams slightly larger than 1/4" is better for use.
- Square up backing by folding in half lengthwise, making sure the fold is even. Square up the top/bottom edge if necessary.
- Do not baste or pin the layers together.
- Butterfly Quilting makes no guarantee the quilt will be free of any issues if the quilt has not been prepared properly.
- If there are any issues with the quilt, opening seams, wavy borders, the customer will be notified. A $25.00 per hour fee may be charged to alleviate all issues.
- Customers have the option to choose the pattern/s and thread color, or may let Butterfly Quilting make the choices.